So You’re Hiring a Contractor: Practical Tips for Hiring the Right Professional Speaker
Steven C. Davis, Construction Lawyer and University of Cincinnati Law School Professor
May 20, 2014 | 6:00 – 7:00 | 3074 Madison Rd.
Spring is upon us and time to tackle a few remodeling projects to spruce up the house after a long winter. The success or failure of any remodeling or construction project, big or small, will depend mostly on your choice of a qualified and experienced contractor and educating yourself. It can be a challenging and difficult decision but knowing upfront what to ask and how to work with your contractor can make your remodeling project much more pleasant and successful.
Join BPBS attorney Steven C. Davis on May 20th, 6:00- 7:00, for this informational seminar to help ensure you have a successful remodeling project. Below are examples of what you should be considering before you hire your contractor:
- Who should you interview for the project?
- What questions should you ask?
- How do you handle references?
- What resources exist to perform your own background check?
- Which clauses are important in the contract?
- Which should be avoided?
- What role can you play in the project?
- How do you best position yourself if a dispute arises with the contractor?
Steve, a construction law attorney and UC law school professor, will be providing you with guidance and answers to help ensure you choose the right professional for your next project.
May 20, 2014
6:00 – 7:00 in our Oakley Office 3074 Madison Rd.