Arthur H. Schlemmer is a senior trial attorney with Barron Peck Bennie & Schlemmer. His practice focus is trying cases on behalf of the firm’s corporate and individual clients on a variety of business related matters. Art also handles complex litigation cases involving serious personal injury and death. An avid motorcyclist himself, Art has a particular interest in representing motorcyclists who have been injured as a result of the negligence of others. Over the past many years, he has handled numerous motorcycle accident cases. His knowledge and thirty two years experience in motorcycle culture, accidents and insurance issues involving motorcycles makes him uniquely qualified to represent his clients and to relate to juries in motorcycle accident trials.
Art has been a central member in the firm of Barron Peck Bennie & Schlemmer for over 40 years. He previously served as managing partner of the firm and was one of the driving forces in the firm’s relocation to Oakley.
Art is the father of three grown children. He lives in Hyde Park with his wife Linda. He and his family attend Crossroads Community Church in Oakley, where Art serves as general counsel for the church.
Areas of Practice:
- Construction Law
- General Business Services
- Litigation Services
- Personal Injury/Wrongful Death
Admitted to Practice:
- State of Ohio
- U.S. District Courts, Southern District of Ohio and Eastern District of Kentucky
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit
- Pro Se in Indiana, Tennessee, Kentucky, and Alabama
- Cincinnati Bar Association
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Cincinnati Trial Lawyers Association
- Salmon P. Chase College of Law, J.D. 1976
- Indiana University, B.A. 1972