Mark L Newman devotes his legal practice to assisting injured and disabled individuals pursue workers’ compensation, social security disability, and personal injury claims. He also assists individuals and families achieve their estate planning goals.
Mark Newman has been representing injured workers for 20 years and enjoys being the voice of the injured worker who is often battling a large company or the Ohio Bureau of Workers’ Compensation to obtain the benefits they deserve. Mark has an intricate understanding of the Ohio workers’ compensation system which allows him to obtain excellent results for his clients while easing their anxiety about dealing with the complex and bureaucratic workers’ compensation system.
Mark Newman has attended thousands of hearings before the Industrial Commission of Ohio on behalf of injured workers and has assisted individuals obtain the benefits they deserve including temporary total, permanent partial, wage loss, permanent total disability, and settlements.
He also helps disabled individuals file for social security disability benefits. He represents individuals at the Initial Determination Level, Reconsideration, and at Administrative Law Judge hearings. He understands that filing a claim for social security disability can be a long and frustrating process so he gives each client the personal attention they deserve and obtains all the evidence necessary to present at hearing.
Prior to joining Barron Peck Bennie & Schlemmer, Mark was a partner at the law firm of Bella, Newman & Associates for 10 years.
Mark is married and has two young sons. He is very active in his community where he is a member of the Board of Directors of the Sycamore Athletic Club, Youth Basketball Organization, and Jewish Community Center. He also coaches many youth sports teams including basketball, baseball, and soccer.
Areas of Practice:
- Workers’ Compensation
- Social Security Disability
- Personal Injury
- Estate Planning & Probate
- Litigation Services
Admitted to Practice:
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Ohio
Honors & Achievements:
- 2006 & 2011 Ohio Super Lawyer
- Ohio State Bar Association Certified
- Workers’ Compensation Specialist
- Cincinnati Bar Association, Past Chair
- Workers’ Compensation Committee
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Ohio Association for Justice
- Hamilton County Trial Lawyers Association
- National Organization of Social Security Claimant’s Representatives
- Indiana University, B.S. 1986
- University of Cincinnati College of Law, J.D. 1989